Sunday, December 5, 2010

A ship that never sinks....

As I switch off the lights in my room and lie down on the bed, my minds drifts away, not to places around the world or to the time that has passed, it drifts to the time that is yet to come. It lingers to a place where I see an old bespectacled man with white hair, wrinkled and sagging skin weeping on a sofa as he speaks to someone in his faint and squeaky voice, both reminiscing their childhood days. Sobbing nostalgically at the bygone glorious days of their youth, full of joyful and sorrowful moments when they stood by each other.

As I dire to see the face of the other person, my mind questions who could that be? Who shall secure such a special place that he could move me to tears? Is there someone with whom I will share such a relationship? The answer that comes back to me is that apart from family, the only ones who make that little space in your heart are the people who are family to you: Friends.

I'm a person who does not make friends very fast. It takes me some time, and the other person some more time to accept me. I don't know if that is due to my looks, my conduct or something else. I also am aware that at times while I'm in a facetious mood, I cross my limits when while joking, therefore irritating the other person.

I recall the days and the people whom I once considered friends but we stand estranged now. Such instances have turned me into an insecure person. I always fear the loss of my friends whom I consider 'True' pals. I think I've finally found associates for whom I could lay down my life without expecting them to do the same.
I write this today for the first time, to tell my mates that they really matter to me and that I always fear their loss :)

22 comments:

  1. Awww!
    that is so cute! And straight from the heart too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. You know what, there is more than one person in the world, who'd stand by you, and gladly appreciate you and accept your uniqueness- for who you are! You just need to look for the right people, and some of those true pals have been there, ever since the first day of class 3. ;)
    Love.
    PS- good to see a new, non-political dimension on your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. never wanna lose u My SPECIAL FRIEND...ur unique in ur own way...take care of urself coz ur precious 4 ur frnd..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much the three of you :) You're comments matter so much especially on this particular post :)
    Such appraisal encourages me to write more and express my heart like this :)
    Thank u 'friends' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praiseworthy! Coming from you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. True friends are never meant to be lost. They are to be treasured, no matter how estranged they stand. Keep smiling and feel good and secure to have such amazing friends. Nice post though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think i want to be the person who is sitting next to u on that sofa....sharing moments that v have spent together...

    and sitting on the other sofa aside will b our wives...who will b gossiping !
    =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nic blog n honest feelings..
    Keep blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. REALLY nice!
    And You don't take time to make friends.
    We became friends easily :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont worry saale, we are not going anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent Vatsal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. vattyyy!!
    amazing!!!!!!!!!
    firstly whaT u've written is so.. deep!
    secondly ur vocab, style of writing is WOW !
    n dere's not gonna be just one friend on dat sofa, d room'll be packed, mark my words ;)
    :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's one of those posts that make you smile because of their honesty and innocence. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vats,
    I read your post many times before deciding what to comment, for a moment it did get me worried that you are insecure but after a while I realized that my faith in you is stronger, I don't need to worry about you because you're a strong intelligent person.
    Sometimes you have to adapt yourself to people and circumstances, that change is inevitable in your personality and in your friends. Change is constant, some for good some for bad. So if there has been some estrangement with your friends you have to look at the bigger picture, go on your rooftop and look at the skyline, you will see that this is one small part of your long life. A small insignificant part of your life, this tiny part means nothing, so if again you feel lonely or sad, take a breath and realize how big life is and that what seems a huge deal now, isn't in the long run.
    As for the fact that you don't make friends fast, it's something you learn, be positive, be cheerful, be helpful and people will want to be your friend, it's got nothing to do with the way you look but the way you act. Speaking as someone who was lonely for a long time, I advise that you make the first step towards making friends, that you initiate the contact, that has worked for me, if I kept waiting for people to make friends with me, I'd still be waiting.
    Friends are something very special, they teach you so much but don't forget your family, they are ever-present .

    A very nice post Vats, it's quite courageous to bare your heart
    Now that my comment is longer than your post, I should leave you to ponder on my pseudo philosophy of life
    your loving didi
    Shubhra

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Neeha: Thanks a lot..
    @Ahmar: Thanks fr reaffirming me :) I know you'll be there ;)
    @Sukki: Beware!
    @Tanvi: Thanks a lot for praising my style of writing and vocab :) And I don't know about the room, but you'll be there I'm sure :)
    @Shivangi: Thank you Shivangi! It's always delightful and inspiring to read your comments :)
    @Shubhra Didi: Thanks a lot for your invigorating comment which have made me more courageous to write my posts on such issues. I wanted your views on this one so desperately that I told bua to remind you everyday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Gujju Seth. Keep the Khakhras coming and I'm not going anywhere ! :P

    ReplyDelete