Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Experiments with Food-Kyonki Hum Desh ke liye Khaate hain

Disclaimer: This is not a sequel written by 'Note wale Bapuji'.
Hello Forks and Knives.Ironically enough, I started with a mention of Gandhiji who barely ate anything(With all his fast unto deaths and calculated meals) in a blog about Food. Woaahh!!
I'm sure this post would be one which will be close to My stomach and the tummies of those who'll someday eat food made by me. After writing a blog post about my obesity, next up is the reason, FOOD!
Before I go into the details, a small tribute to the writer. Basically people fall in love with me at their first site. I'm so handsome, dashing and smart. Who wouldn't love me even if I carry a pot (belly) with me. For those of you who don't know, I'm an aspiring chef. I love to eat and cooking is even more fun.
Though, foodies are generally 'Masahari', I for a change am a 'Dimaaghari'(Veg+Dimaag). Yummy brains haan. Ekdum *slurp* *slurp* *slurp* That's quite a PJ, lets just settle on 'Shaakahari'
But what I cook is yummier than brains. At least the people say so. The ones who don't, do not live to taste anything else. I love to experiment with what I cook(Once I made a coconut based Pasta). I can make a decent Thai Curry, Cup Cakes, Cakes(with and without icing), Souffle,  Pasta, Garlic Bread and the list goes on for another 100-200 pages. That's how equipped and trained I am.
As I child also, I was very fond of cooking and hence joined the Home Science club. I face the repercussions till date. People still tease me because I was the only boy. Teachers still come up to me and say, "Oh, this boy has come such a long way from serving tea to guests". My Principal once told me after I'd conducted a quiz in school, "When I saw you in the refreshment duty, I never though you had so much talent". How encouraging(not).
The reason why I think I'd love to cook is because I love to eat. I eat like a glutton! I don't really take into consideration the calorie factor when the thing has taste factor attached to it. Obviously, hygiene is a separate issue altogether.I have a liking for all kinds of foods and cuisines. I personally like Italian, not a big fan of Chinese. Thai food is good too. But best to apne Indian Cuisines only. After all, Hum desh ke liye khaate hain. Indian food toh ekdum *Slurp* *Slurp* *Slurp*
India mein toh Guju food, Panju food, Tamilian food Ekdum Solid. The Bongs take over for the desserts. *National Integration*
But, there is no other bread that can compete with Garlic Nans in a duel and nothing as yummy as Dal Makhni and Shahi Paneer. Together the trio make an awesome combination which I don't mind eating for all the three meals.
So,*Burp* that's it *Burp* from the *Burp* Foodie Desk.

12 comments:

  1. *Burps* ;)
    Oooh this post is so full of passion! Love it! Toh matlab bachpan se hee interest tha? Great! :D
    But I haven't tasted any of your dishes EVER.
    Unfair hai yeh toh :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen. You're not meeting my Mum. EVER. She'd kick me out of her house. She,my love, is one hell of a Sexist, and before you know, she'll probably be saying "This BOY can do so much, tumhare haathon mei choodiyan haan?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    I want to eat that stuff...Now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You removed Dipin's post? haha.
    Dude, but seriously, there is so much passion in that post. It's like you know EXACTLY what you're talking about. And also, I need to eat some of that stuff "Quickaah" ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a cupcakee! :).
    Vahsall Cooolaa. Nice yaa/ Foodiee!
    And gujju food. And and everything.
    Nicely written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Su: No, I removed it myself. :P
    @Vatsal: I love the blog topic, you know why.
    The home science in school part is the funniest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Priyanka: Hahaha, You'll get something soon :) Yeah, bachpan se hee interest tha. Once, as a kid, I forced my grandfather to help me boil potatoes by burning paper. You know how grandfathers are, the noble soul stood by me till I became exhausted, but he didn't move.

    @Ruhani: Kitna mazzaa aayega re! I'm cominnggggggg :D

    @Joyee: Thank you :) You'll get something soon.

    @Su-Ba: Dipin herself removed her post. You've seen me cooking during SUPW's. You know I love it :D Didn't you eat the Spaghetti I got Christmas wale din? Nevertheless I'm going to get cupcakes for everyone soon :)

    @'Anonymous": Thank you so much ;)

    @Dipin: Yeah, I know why :P Hahaha, you know how I was discriminated. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You took home science as SUPW?
    Haha. Hahahahaa.
    Ok, it's funny, but your passion (and guts) is really commendable.
    Guys who can cook are so cool :D
    Why did you not tell me this before? I knew you cook but didn't know you're an aspiring chef :/
    You've never made anything for me. How cheap!/?
    Whheenn do I get to eat all that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome :)
    Even i'm quite a foodie..so i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. potatoooo
    i love this
    you can make thai curry? i love thai curry
    you should make it for us someday!
    i love the home science part. ha!
    i love how you know what to do and you love doing it too.
    keep doing it! =D
    ps - you NEED to cook for all of us someday. and if not all then just me! =P

    ReplyDelete
  11. @THE Gauri: Yeah, I had Home Science as my SUPW. Funny? So, now onwards you should call me Gutsi instead of Vatsii :P You'll get something soon :P

    @THE Khushali: Thank you :)

    @THE Ashna: Thank you :) Yeah, I can make Thai curry. We might cook during d trip so I might just carry all the ingredients fr it with me :D
    That was really insipiring. Thank you :)
    So, I might just fulfill your wish soon(If I can call that a wish) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey !!
    I dint know that you can even cook..so when are you making me have your handmade cupcakes and pasta.!yummy
    (if possible all the foodies mentioned) , even after having a sumptuous meal,my mouth's watering =P

    -Radhika

    ReplyDelete